Thursday, August 25, 2016

Book Blog #6, Naruto volume 1

Naruto, volume 1                                     Fantasy fiction                                      by Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
Uzumaki Naruto has grown up as an orphan of the village of Konohagakurae, and has been mocked his entire life. A nine tailed fox demon also killed the most powerful ninja in the village Hokage, twelve years ago, when he was born. By now, peace has returned. Uzumaki is trying to graduate from the Ninja Academy, although he seems to fail every test he is given. When he impresses the teachers, he is suddenly given a chance for a special mentorship, he gets wrapped up in a love triangle with the other two students, and their first class proves to be harder than he ever expected.

For my first full manga read, I think that it was really good, even if I had to adapt to the reading style. I really like how the story was fast and unpredictable, but a good amount of time was spent on each section. I also like how the chapters were obviously sectioned off, but the transitions were still smooth. I liked the story because it was unique, and it was unlike any magic story I have ever read. I also liked that the images added a lot to the story, instead of just telling the story. Overall, I really enjoyed this manga, and it was a good first transition into this style of comic book.

TBR:
Seveneves        by Neal Stephenson
Side Effects May Vary        by Julie Murphy
Leviathan Wakes        by James A Corey
The List        by Siobhan Vivian
Schizo        by Nic Sheff

No comments:

Post a Comment